Toddler 1, Toddler 2, and Transitions
What an amazing time in your child’s life!
Toddlers learn new skills every day. They need plenty of opportunities to explore and learn through creative play—and constant supervision to stay safe. Most importantly, they need to know they are loved and valued.
At The Son Rise School, we treat every child as a precious gift from God.
Toddlers are grouped into three classes based on age and abilities:
- Toddler 1 Class – 18 months – 2 years
- Toddler 2 Class – 2-year-olds
- Transitions Class – Potty Training 2 and 3-year-olds
- Our teachers are highly qualified, licensed, and receive a minimum of 30 hours of ongoing training each year.
- All staff members are trained and certified in Pediatric First Aid and CPR.
- All staff members must pass a background check, including fingerprinting through three government databases.
- Most importantly, all staff members must demonstrate a pattern of living and caring for children that aligns with our mission.
Nurturing and Care
- Building routines for diapering/potty training, eating, sleeping, indoor and outdoor activities.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- Consistent caregiving by the same caregiver(s).
- Safety procedures: Detailed Emergency Preparedness Plan, booboo reports (because accidents happen), monthly weather, safety, and fire drills.
- Lots of Individual attention, hugs, and encouragement.
- We meet or exceed all requirements and standards.
- We are a 4 star Texas Rising Star Certified Quality Child Care Provider.
- Introduction to letters, shapes, colors, numbers, and math.
- Vocabulary development through stories, reading, books, and interaction with teachers and friends.
- Bible stories and activities.
- Curriculum—The Story for Little Ones: Discover the Bible in Pictures, Frog Street.
Benefits for your child
- Constant caring and supervision ensures a safe environment.
- Physical development—Large and small motor skills develop through indoor and outdoor play, eating, sleeping, and potty training.
- Social and emotional development—Children learn appropriate ways to interact with others and to express feelings. They learn routines and social skills (taking turns, helpfulness, picking up toys, etc.).
- Learning development—Children are introduced to numbers, letters, shapes, colors, and books.
- Language development—Vocabulary develops through play, reading, and interaction with teachers and friends.
- Moral Development—Bible stories and activities teach Christian values and morals.
- The Son Rise School is a safe, happy, fun environment for your child.
- We are conveniently located to serve families in the Longview, Kilgore, and Tatum areas.