A magical learning time!
Preschoolers are so full of life! Their natural creativity and curiosity make them eager learners.
The Son Rise School is certified by the Texas School Ready program to teach your child the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in school. Each child receives individual attention to aid in learning and development at the child's own level.
The Son Rise School also guides children to develop spiritually and socially. Bible stories, songs, and activities teach moral values. As children enjoy indoor and outdoor play with friends, they develop understanding that every person is valuable and that they are cared for and loved.
- Our highly-qualified teachers are licensed, trained and certified by the Texas School Ready program, and receive 30 hours of ongoing training each year.
- All staff members are trained and certified in CPR.
- All staff members must pass a background check, including fingerprinting through three government databases.
- Most importantly, all staff members must demonstrate a pattern of living and caring for children that aligns with our mission.
Nurturing and Care
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Safety procedures:
- Constant supervision
- Detailed Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Booboo reports (because accidents happen)
- Monthly weather, fire, and safety drills along with seasonal safety and health programs
- Lots of hugs and encouragement
- We meet or exceed all requirements and standards.
- We are a Texas Rising Star Certified Quality Child Care Provider.
- Letter sight and sound recognition, syllables, and phonics
- Daily practice writing and spelling names
- Language development through books, stories, reading, and interaction with teachers and friends
- Math concepts including number recognition and writing, patterns, sequencing, and correlation
- Science concepts including weather, hands-on experiments in measurement, prediction, testing, and reasoning
- Curriculum—The Letter People (part of the Texas School Ready program), The Story for Little Ones: Discover the Bible in Pictures
- Indoor and outdoor play, including an outdoor garden
- Holiday parties
- Special dress and play days
- Special visitors and programs
- Seasonal field trips (such as the Pumpkin Patch)
- A wide variety of art projects
Benefits for your child
- Constant supervision ensures a safe environment for your child.
- Learning development—Your child is well-prepared to begin school. We use the Texas School Ready curriculum, and our teachers are trained and certified by Texas School Ready.
- Social and emotional development—Children are guided to value each person equally, to share, take turns, and to cooperate and work together. They are also encouraged to understand and express their emotions appropriately and to interact with teachers in appropriate ways.
- Language development—Children improve vocabulary, writing, and speaking skills with daily practice writing and recognizing their own written name.
- Math and science development—Children learn numbers, measurement, and analytical reasoning.
- Moral development—Bible stories, songs, and activities teach Christian values and morals. Children learn to apply what they learn to their own life situations.
- The Son Rise School is a safe, happy, fun environment for your child!
- We are conveniently located to serve families in Longview, Kilgore, and Tatum.